The Difference is Night and Day…
Not that long ago, when you had an injury or medical emergency of any kind, you’d head to the Emergency Room and wait for hours. And hours. And hours, before you were seen by a health care professional.
Now, thankfully there are options available, from free standing ERs to Family Clinics with extended hours such as Valley Day and Night Clinic. So, how do you know when to go where?
Let’s start with the difference between Valley Day and Night Clinic and a Freestanding Emergency Room.
A freestanding Emergency Room is exactly like an emergency room at a hospital, except it’s not at a hospital. However, like a hospital ER, you’re going to pay a hefty price tag. While the Valley Day and Night Clinic facilities are also quite nice, the cost of care is significantly less.
Here are 5 facts to keep in mind when making your choice.
- An average visit to a freestanding ER costs $500, while an average visit to any Valley Day and Night Clinic location costs under $135.
- A hospital ER or freestanding ER is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Valley Day and Night Clinic is usually open between 8 and 14 hours a day depending on which location you are going to. You can find our hours of operation HERE.
- Emergency rooms at hospitals have specialists on hand. Freestanding ER’s offer immediate medical care, but do not have specialists on hand. Valley Day and Night Clinic offers a variety of specialists depending on the location.
- Wait times at Valley Day and Night Clinic are significantly shorter than at hospital emergency rooms or Freestanding ER’s.
- Emergency rooms are meant for emergencies such as heart attacks or head concussions. Valley Day and Night Clinic is ideal for medical attention such as sprained ankles, ear infections, flu symptoms, or a cut that requires stitches. Find out more about our patient services.
If you aren’t sure where you should go, feel free to contact Valley Day and Night Clinic. We’re happy to help you determine the best course of action in any medical situation.