5 Heart Healthy Tips for American Heart Month
- Add fish to your diet. Fish that’s high in Omega-3 fatty acids can reduce your risk for heart disease. Help yourself to salmon, tuna, herrings and sardines!
- Reduce your salt intake. Research shows that if you reduce your salt intake to just a half a teaspoon a day, it will reduce your chances for heart disease. Beware of processed food and fast food—it’s usually loaded with salt!
- Get an annual exam. This is a great way to make sure your blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides are under control. Stop by any of the 5 Valley Day and Night Clinic locations to have your annual exam today!
- Get a pet! Studies show that owning a pet can lower the rate of dying from heart disease and possibly improve heart and lung function.
- Lower your stress level. Spend time outdoors, take a walk, take up yoga or meditation. Stress is a real killer.
Of course, if you have questions, you can always talk to your health care professional at Valley Day & Night Clinic. We offer information, workshops, and a Wellness Center that can help keep you healthy in 2016!
Please like & share:
February 1, 2016 | Healthy Habits